SBICAP Securities Review | Brokerage Charges, Account Opening
Incorporated in 2006 as a stock broking brand of State Bank of India Group and a fully owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAPS). Currently, SBI Capital Markets Ltd. has four subsidiaries.
• SBICAP Securities Limited
• SBICAP Ventures Limited
• SBICAP Trustee Company Limited
• SBICAP (Singapore) Limited
SBICAP Securities Limited (SSL) is a full-service broker with a tagline ‘A Tradition of Trust’ which indicates that SSL is a very secure and reliable platform through which you can invest in stock market. It provides the facility to trade/invest in Equity, Derivative, Mutual Fund, ETF, IPO and NCD. It also offers home loan, car loan and loan against securities.
SBICAP Securities Limited Account Opening Charges
Trading Account Opening Charge
Trading Account AMC
Demat Account Opening Charge
Demat Account AMC
• 3-in-1 Account Opening Charge- Rs.850
• Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)- Rs.500 (Yearly)
SSL provides 3-in-1 account facility i.e. bank account, demat account and trading account in which bank account is opened with State Bank of India (SBI) whereas demat and trading account is opened with SBICAP Securities Limited. It is a depositary participant of CDSL and NSDL and allows you to trade in national exchanges BSE and NSE. SSL offers full suite of services to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) across the globe except for NRIs of United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) and Japan because it does not encourage or solicit business originating in territories where local authorities or regulations do not allow such cross-border investments. SSL provides every best facility to the NRIs as they can transact online and offline both.
State Bank of India (SBI), the parent company of SSL offers an application “YONO” (You Only Need One App) which is a one-stop solution for all your banking services including investment, trading, insurance, loan and much more. It allows you to open 3-in-1 account online, you only need to visit the nearest branch once for in-person verification after filling the application form.
SSL offers research and advisory services to their clients. ‘SBISmart’ is the trading platform or software of the SSL which allows Resident Indians and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to invest in various segments.
1. SBISmart Portal (Browser-based trading platform).
2. SBISmart Xpress (Desktop Trading Software).
3. SBISmart Lite (Website).
4. SBISmart Mobile App.
SBICAP Securities Limited Brokerage
• Intraday trades- 0.15% (both side) or min 5 Paise/share whichever is higher.
• Delivery Based Trades- 0.50% or min 5 paise/share whichever is higher.
• Futures- 0.06% for intraday & 0.08% for carrying forward or min 1 paise/share whichever is higher.
• Options Trades- Rs.50/- for intraday (one-side per contract) & Rs. 100/- for carry forward (Per contract).
SBICAP Securities Limited Margin Limit (Exposure)
2x (Interest applicable)
SBICAP Securities Limited Awards
Awards from BSE & NSE
- BSE Award- Top Performer in Equity Retail segment.
- BSE Award- Top Performer in OFS segment.
- BSE Award- One of the top performers in OFS segment.
- BSE Award- One of the top performers in primary Market segment Debt Public Issue Bids.
- SBI Award- For outstanding performance in Car loan category.
NSE Appreciation Award- For contributing towards making NIFTY 50 Index Derivative contract.
Awards from CDSL & NSDL
NSDL Star Performer Award- Best performance in accounts growth rate (Big DPs).
CDSL Award- For opening highest no of demat accounts.
NSDL Star Performer Award- Top Performance in active accounts (Rising DP’s).
- CDSL Award- For contributing 1 crore demat accounts.
- NSDL Top Performer Award- Top performance in active accounts (Rising DP’s).
Advantages & Disadvantages of SBICAP Securities Limited
• Arm of most trusted and largest bank of India i.e. State Bank of India (SBI).
• Provides 3-in-1 account.
• SBISmart app and YONO app for resident Indians and NRIs.
• Research reports and advisory services.
• Online and offline trading facility.
• Trade on call facility.
• Full-service broker.
• Not able to trade in commodity segment.
• Call and trade is free for first 30 calls, after that it is charged at Rs.10/call.