Incorporated in 2006 as a stock broking brand of State Bank of India Group and a fully owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAPS). Currently, SBI Capital Markets Ltd. has four subsidiaries.
• SBICAP Securities Limited
• SBICAP Ventures Limited
• SBICAP Trustee Company Limited
• SBICAP (Singapore) Limited
SBICAP Securities Limited (SSL) is a full-service broker with a tagline ‘A Tradition of Trust’ which indicates that SSL is a very secure and reliable platform through which you can invest in stock market. It provides the facility to trade/invest in Equity, Derivative, Mutual Fund, ETF, IPO and NCD. It also offers home loan, car loan and loan against securities.
SSL provides 3-in-1 account facility i.e. bank account, demat account and trading account in which bank account is opened with State Bank of India (SBI) whereas demat and trading account is opened with SBICAP Securities Limited. It is a depositary participant of CDSL and NSDL and allows you to trade in national exchanges BSE and NSE. SSL offers full suite of services to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) across the globe except for NRIs of United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) and Japan because it does not encourage or solicit business originating in territories where local authorities or regulations do not allow such cross-border investments. SSL provides every best facility to the NRIs as they can transact online and offline both.
State Bank of India (SBI), the parent company of SSL offers an application “YONO” (You Only Need One App) which is a one-stop solution for all your banking services including investment, trading, insurance, loan and much more. It allows you to open 3-in-1 account online, you only need to visit the nearest branch once for in-person verification after filling the application form.
SSL offers research and advisory services to their clients. ‘SBISmart’ is the trading platform or software of the SSL which allows Resident Indians and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to invest in various segments.
It comprises of 3 balances; lien, ledger and collateral balance.
• Lien- It is the total balance blocked by you for the trading purpose.
• Ledger- After setting off the trade amount or outstanding dues, total balance available in your account is ledger balance.
• Collateral- It is the notational valuation of your demat holdings, you can use this to place order.
Kindly follow the below steps:
• Go to ‘download’ tab.
• Fill and sign the ‘change in designated bank account’.
• Attach the scanned copy of cancelled cheque of your bank account you wish to add.
• You can send the scanned copy of your cheque for the verification purpose.