Motilal Oswal Review | Demat Account, Brokerage Charges
Motilal Oswal Review | Brokerage Charges, Account Opening
Motilal Oswal is among the oldest full-service stock broking firm. It was incorporated in the year 1987. It is one of the oldest stock broking firm in India. It is famous for its services such as trading applications, portfolio management services and the quick customer support. The company also provides various trading services in various sectors such as Equity, Commodity, Currency and Derivatives.
Motilal Oswal also avails its customers with various products like Mutual Funds, IPOs, Gold, Insurance and the Fixed Income products. This company is broadly recognised for its MOAMC discretionary portfolio management service. The PMS of Motilal Oswal has a strong track record and consistently has an outperformed the benchmark across the market cycles since the time of its inception in the year 2003.
The basic foundation on which the company has built the strong base is its solid research technique. It has almost 10% of the revenue that is invested in the equity research. The company has earned the dedicated teams for the large-cap, mid-cap and the technical research. The company has published 30,000+ research reports on 260+ companies that spreads across the 21 sectors. Its research reports have received the broad coverage in the media from the fundamental, technical and derivative research perspective.
Accounts Offered by Motilal Oswal
Motilal Oswal offers various account opening facility to its customers with the motive to fulfil the needs of the customer. Different types of accounts are explained below:
1. Default Account- This account consists of the standard trading and demat account. It offers a broad range of investment customizable options in order to serve them the motive of providing the best to suit their need, horizon and risk appetite. The account offers trading and investments in various sectors such as equity, Derivatives, Commodity, Currency, Mutual Funds, IPO, PMS, Insurance and the Fixed Income products. This account is meant specially for the casual traders and the long-term stock market investors.
2. Value Pack- This account is the upfront subscription scheme that gives good discounts on the brokerage rates. The customers can select from the range of value packs and then can enjoy several benefits of placing the orders at the reduced charges. The value packs are meant for the frequent traders that are actively trade on the daily basis.
3. Margin Pack- This account is the upfront committed margin account that gives the various significant brokerage discounts. The customers can choose from the various range of the margin packs and then can enjoy the benefits of placing the trades at the reduced charges. This account is meant for the frequent traders that are actively interested to trade on the daily basis.
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Plans
Motilal Oswal provides the three unique trading and brokerage plans to its customers in order to meet the need and requirement of the customers. The brokerage plans and motilal oswal charges are as follows:
1. Default Brokerage Plan- It is meant specially for the casual investors in the stock market. It is also known as the Basic Plan.
2. Value Pack Plan- It is the prepaid brokerage plan that aims at offering cheaper brokerage as an upfront fee. The plan is meant specially for the active traders. It provides seven other valuable packs that are starting from the upfront fee of ₹2500 to ₹1 lakh.
3. Margin Scheme Brokerage Plan- This plan is meant specially for the frequent traders. The brokerage charge in the plan keep reducing when an individual commits higher margin money in their trading account.
Advantages of Motilal Oswal
1. It has more than 20 years of experience in the trading and investment sector.
2. It provides its investment services in Equity, Derivatives, IPO, Mutual Funds, Insurance and the Fixed Deposit segments.
3. It provides various value pack brokerage schemes that offers various brokerage options.
4. It provides a complete ease of operation with 60+ banks for the fund transfer.
5. It provides various research advisory services.
6. Various Trading software are to be provided to the customers for free.
Disadvantages of Motilal Oswal
2. The brokerage value pack scheme is competitive but then it requires an upfront fee at the time of opting for the plan. The plans can’t be updated or cancelled after the selection.
3. It does not avail its customers with a three-in-one account facility.
Comments for Motilal Oswal Review | Demat Account, Brokerage Charges
Frequently Asked Question
It is a trustworthy broker and has developed a unique Identity in the broker industry.
Motilal Oswal is owned by Passionate Investment Management Private Limited.
Yes, Motilal Oswal provides the margin funding facility to its customers.
Motilal Oswal charge ₹20 per lot on both side for currency future trading and ₹20 per lot on both side for currency options trading.
Navin Agarwal is the CEO of Motilal Oswal.
• Motilal Oswal Desktop Trading Application. • Web Trading Platform. • Mobile Trading Application.
Yes, Motilal Oswal provides Intraday tips. They are provided by the advisory and the research team of the firm. It provides several market reviews, stock reviews, and research reports as well as from the time to help the traders to take decisions.
Motilal Oswal charge 0.50% for the equity delivery trade. These trades are also known as Cash and Carry trades or CNC.
These services are especially beneficial for the beginners that don’t trade frequently and needs to do research to make investments or trade in the stock market.
Motilal Oswal charges ₹0 Annual Maintenance Charge for the trading account and free for a demat account. AMC is charged to maintain the accounts.
Motilal Oswal Financial Service Limited is a non-banking financial company that is registered under the RBI Act 1934.
Motilal Oswal charge 0.05% on both side for equity, currency and commodity future trading.
In order to use the Motilal Oswal online trading platform an individual is required to have a demat account with them. In case you are opting for offline trading mode then you can continue by using the existing demat account.
Motilal Oswal provides the 20 times margin for (over 140 stocks), 4 times for other stocks for intraday trades whereas Zerodha Intraday cash is up to 20 times.
Yes, Motilal Oswal offers the online IPO applications to the customers.
Yes, the customer can easily buy or sell mutual fund if they hold an account with Motilal Oswal.
Once after the submission of the relevant documents, Motilal Oswal will further send the Welcome Kit with the details of their Client Id and password.
Motilal Oswal MF Equity Funds are more suitable for the investors that are seeking long-term capital appreciation over the period of 5 years or more.
ValuePlus is the product offered by Motilal Oswal Securities Limited to the clients. It is an Intraday order placement feature that allows you to take a position in select liquid commodities thereby negating the risk of position not getting closed when MTM loss % is hit that results in known loss figure.