Motilal Oswal is among the oldest full-service stock broking firm. It was incorporated in the year 1987. It is one of the oldest stock broking firm in India. It is famous for its services such as trading applications, portfolio management services and the quick customer support. The company also provides various trading services in various sectors such as Equity, Commodity, Currency and Derivatives.
Motilal Oswal also avails its customers with various products like Mutual Funds, IPOs, Gold, Insurance and the Fixed Income products. This company is broadly recognised for its MOAMC discretionary portfolio management service. The PMS of Motilal Oswal has a strong track record and consistently has an outperformed the benchmark across the market cycles since the time of its inception in the year 2003.
The basic foundation on which the company has built the strong base is its solid research technique. It has almost 10% of the revenue that is invested in the equity research. The company has earned the dedicated teams for the large-cap, mid-cap and the technical research. The company has published 30,000+ research reports on 260+ companies that spreads across the 21 sectors. Its research reports have received the broad coverage in the media from the fundamental, technical and derivative research perspective.
Demat Account Opening in Motilal Oswal
Motilal Oswal facilitates their customer with two-in-one account facility which is a combination of a trading account and a demat account. The full-service broker offers its depository services through the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and CDSL (Central Depository Services Limited). Motilal Oswal became the depository participant of NSDL and CDSL in 2000.
Features of Motilal Oswal Demat Account
1. It has eight different demat account schemes to meet the needs of the customer. The customer can choose for themselves for the higher transaction charges and Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC). They can also switch between the schemes anytime.
2. It offers the lifetime free demat account with only the transaction scheme. The customer is required to pay the higher transaction charges (₹30 per transaction) in this scheme.
3. If AMC scheme pay-in transaction for the shares sold with Motilal Oswal is completely free.
4. The dividends for the same are credited automatically in the linked bank account.
5. The customer services are made available to customers through the local branches, sub brokers and franchises.
6. It also provides the facility to convert the physical share certificate to demat through various branches.
Documents Required to Open a Demat Account with Motilal Oswal Securities
The documents that are required to open a Demat account with Motilal Oswal Securities are:
3. Bank account proof (Bank passbook/ Latest bank statement/ Cancelled Cheque).
4. Income proof (Latest Salary Slip, Income Tax Return for currency and derivative segment).
5. Passport Size Photographs.
Demat Account Opening Procedure
The demat account opening procedure is very simple. The customer can simply open an account online by filling the registration form or he can directly contact the broker and take the help of their customer executive to open the demat account with Motilal Oswal.
Demat Account Opening Charge in Motilal Oswal
In order to open a new demat account with Motilal Oswal the customer needs to pay the demat account opening charges. The broker may also charge AMC i.e. a yearly fee to maintain the demat account.
Demat Account Opening Fee
Free (₹400 from 2nd year)
Motilal Demat Charges
Account Maintenance Charges (AMC)
Account Administration Charges (AAC)
Demat Transaction Charges- within MOFSL (Sell only)
Yes, Motilal Oswal provides Intraday tips. They are provided by the advisory and the research team of the firm. It provides several market reviews, stock reviews, and research reports as well as from the time to help the traders to take decisions.
In order to use the Motilal Oswal online trading platform an individual is required to have a demat account with them. In case you are opting for offline trading mode then you can continue by using the existing demat account.
ValuePlus is the product offered by Motilal Oswal Securities Limited to the clients. It is an Intraday order placement feature that allows you to take a position in select liquid commodities thereby negating the risk of position not getting closed when MTM loss % is hit that results in known loss figure.