Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds Review - Charges and SIP
Motilal Oswal Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds Review - Charges and SIP
Motilal Oswal is among the oldest full-service stock broking firm. It was incorporated in the year 1987. It is one of the oldest stock broking firm in India. It is famous for its services such as trading applications, portfolio management services and the quick customer support. The company also provides various trading services in various sectors such as Equity, Commodity, Currency and Derivatives.
Motilal Oswal also avails its customers with various products like Mutual Funds, IPOs, Gold, Insurance and the Fixed Income products. This company is broadly recognised for its MOAMC discretionary portfolio management service. The PMS of Motilal Oswal has a strong track record and consistently has an outperformed the benchmark across the market cycles since the time of its inception in the year 2003.
The basic foundation on which the company has built the strong base is its solid research technique. It has almost 10% of the revenue that is invested in the equity research. The company has earned the dedicated teams for the large-cap, mid-cap and the technical research. The company has published 30,000+ research reports on 260+ companies that spreads across the 21 sectors. Its research reports have received the broad coverage in the media from the fundamental, technical and derivative research perspective.
Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
The customer can begin to start investing in the mutual fund by opening a 4 in 1 account or only an equity account. Before an individual open a mutual fund account, then it is compulsory to hold a demat account with a broker. The broker offers a free demat account opening with the free AMC for the first year.
Features of Mutual Fund Services by Motilal Oswal
1. It allows to make investment in the both direct and regular mutual funds.
2. It offers various in-house mutual fund schemes.
3. It charges no demat AMC fees for first year.
4. It provides the dedicated Motilal Oswal Investment Platform.
5. It offers the stock and mutual fund recommendations.
Account Opening Process of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
Motilal Oswal allows both online and offline account opening procedure. To open a Mutual Fund Account online:
1. Visit the official website of Motilal Oswal.
2. Select the “Open an account” option.
3. Fill in the registration form.
4. Complete the account opening form.
5. Enter the necessary details such as PAN and Aadhar.
6. Complete the verification process by attaching the documents with the form.
7. Initiate IPV and then you can start investing by choosing mutual fund as an option.
To open an account offline, one needs to download the form online and then send it to the Motilal Oswal Office attached with all the required documents.
Motilal Oswal SIP
The Motilal Oswal allows to make investment in both the lumpsumand the SIP mode of investments. The new and existing investors can initiate investing in a mutual fund through the SIP. One needs to be KYC verified to initiate investing in Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds.
Features of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund SIP
1. It starts to make investment with the minimum of ₹500 per month.
2. It allows to make investment in the direct and regular schemes through SIP.
3. It uses the SIP calculator to calculate the estimates returns.
4. The customers can easily purchase, redeem, switch and cancel the SIP any time.
Steps to make investment in the Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund SIP are:
1. Go to your Mutual Fund Account.
2. Now, select the SIP as a payment mode.
3. Select the payment mode.
4. Fill in the information related to the scheme.
5. Further, complete the SIP details such as frequency, SIP amount, date, period and the no. of instalments.
6. Submit the details and note the URN for the transaction.
7. Login to your bank account and then choose a biller as Mutual Fund.
8. Feed the URN and then select an auto-pay or pay mode.
Advantages of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
1. It has a dedicated mutual fund investment mobile application.
2. It provides the access to all the research reports and recommendations.
3. It does not tend to charge various mutual fund brokerage and the transaction fee.
4. It offers various in-house mutual funds.
Disadvantages of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
1. It charges the commission on various regular mutual funds.
2. The Demat AMC is ₹999 per annum.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a trustworthy broker and has developed a unique Identity in the broker industry.
Motilal Oswal is owned by Passionate Investment Management Private Limited.
Yes, Motilal Oswal provides the margin funding facility to its customers.
Motilal Oswal charge ₹20 per lot on both side for currency future trading and ₹20 per lot on both side for currency options trading.
Navin Agarwal is the CEO of Motilal Oswal.
• Motilal Oswal Desktop Trading Application. • Web Trading Platform. • Mobile Trading Application.
Yes, Motilal Oswal provides Intraday tips. They are provided by the advisory and the research team of the firm. It provides several market reviews, stock reviews, and research reports as well as from the time to help the traders to take decisions.
Motilal Oswal charge 0.50% for the equity delivery trade. These trades are also known as Cash and Carry trades or CNC.
These services are especially beneficial for the beginners that don’t trade frequently and needs to do research to make investments or trade in the stock market.
Motilal Oswal charges ₹0 Annual Maintenance Charge for the trading account and free for a demat account. AMC is charged to maintain the accounts.
Motilal Oswal Financial Service Limited is a non-banking financial company that is registered under the RBI Act 1934.
Motilal Oswal charge 0.05% on both side for equity, currency and commodity future trading.
In order to use the Motilal Oswal online trading platform an individual is required to have a demat account with them. In case you are opting for offline trading mode then you can continue by using the existing demat account.
Motilal Oswal provides the 20 times margin for (over 140 stocks), 4 times for other stocks for intraday trades whereas Zerodha Intraday cash is up to 20 times.
Yes, Motilal Oswal offers the online IPO applications to the customers.
Yes, the customer can easily buy or sell mutual fund if they hold an account with Motilal Oswal.
Once after the submission of the relevant documents, Motilal Oswal will further send the Welcome Kit with the details of their Client Id and password.
Motilal Oswal MF Equity Funds are more suitable for the investors that are seeking long-term capital appreciation over the period of 5 years or more.
ValuePlus is the product offered by Motilal Oswal Securities Limited to the clients. It is an Intraday order placement feature that allows you to take a position in select liquid commodities thereby negating the risk of position not getting closed when MTM loss % is hit that results in known loss figure.