- Zebu Trade
- IIFL Securities
- Kotak Securities
- Axis Direct
- HDFC securities
- ICICI Direct
- Motilal Oswal
- Reliance Securities
- Marwadi Shares
- Master Trust
- Choice Broking
- Goodwill Commodities
- Prabhudas Lilladher
- SBICAP Securities
- Bajaj Capital
- GCL Securities
- SMC Global
- Anand Rathi
- Nirmal Bang
- Aditya Birla
- Indira Securities
Upstox Review | Brokerage Charges, Account Opening
Upstox Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
Upstox Review - Brokerage Charges, Account Opening, Margin
Upstox (which was earlier known as RKSV securities) is a low-cost broking firm, whose main motive is to provide trading opportunities at unbeatable prices. It is being backed by a group of investors like: Kalaari capital, Ratan Tata and GVK Davix.
It provides many more rich trading features like trading, analysis, charter and etc. It provides ease to place orders through phones and browsers. It provides completely free trading account and free trading as well in Equity Delivery Segment.
Upstox also provide some other services like Equity Intra-day, commodities and currency derivatives which can be availed through Upstox Pro. It is a paid software which has some additional features.
Types of Account
According to need of investors and traders Upstox offer two kinds of accounts:
• Upstox Basic Plan: Under the basic plan basic trading features in equity delivery segment are provided. Equity delivery is without any brokerage and 20 rupees per trade for Equity F&O. It can be accessed through phone and website. This kind of basic plan can yield up to 20x leverage on cash segment.
• Upstox Priority Pack: The Upstox priority pack which is also known as Upstox pro pack is made for frequent traders. Frequent traders here mean those who deal in Intra-day and F&O segments. Equity delivery brokerage is zero and thirty rupees is charged per trade for Equity F&O. It can yield up to 25x leverage on cash segment.
Before availing brokerage, services or opening account with Upstox, it is important for the customer to go through all pros and cons. Here are some positive and negative implications of opening an account with Upstox:
• Brokerage free trading in Equity delivery segment, which means customer need not to pay any brokerage for delivery trades in equity.
• For customers convenience, mobile trading app is available for both android and IOS platforms without any further software charges.
• Both web and mobile has After Market Order (AMO), Cover Order (CO) or One Cancel OTHER (OCO) order.
• Availability of stop loss in both web and mobile.
• Availability of multiple indicators to monitor market.
• Upstox bridge for Amibroker helps to code and execute the trading strategies.
• Developer console from Upstox helps to build your own trading app.
• Availability of 1000’s of Mutual funds where customer can choose Lumpsum or SIP pattern of investing.
• Availability of Margin against shares.
• For higher leverage, customers can opt for Priority Brokerage Package.
• Unavailability of unlimited monthly trading plans.
• Extra charge of call and trade fee on per executed order.
• In case, customer does not square off the Intra day square orders, extra charge of ₹20 is charged per executed order.
• In the basic plan of Upstox, brokerage free trading can be availed only in Equity Delivery Segment. For rest of the segments, brokerage is charged at ₹ 20 or lower per trade.
• Even though Upstox basic plan provide brokerage free trading, still demat transaction charges has to be paid by the customer. In fact, if we compare the demat debit transaction charges of Upstox (₹21.83) with other discount brokers (₹15.93), it turns out to be really high.
• No provision for stock tips and recommendations.
• Unavailability of 3 in 1 account as company doesn’t provide banking services.
• Customer support is time constraint.
• From Jan 2018 Upstox NRI trading and demat accounts are no longer available.
• Unavailability of margin funding on delivery trades.
Is Upstox Good?
Certainly, it is one of the best discount brokers in India. It is safe and reliable to commence your investment and trading. It is highly recommended to the traders. Not only Upstox provides the fastest trading which is essential to book high profits in day trading, but it is also very cost effective as you just need to pay ₹20 per trade irrespective of the trade volume. This helps to save a big chunk of money on your brokerage as compared to other service providers.
Frequently Asked Question
A stop-loss order is an order placed with a broker in order to buy or sell a specific stock once the stock reaches a certain price. A stop-loss is designed in order to limit an investor's loss on a security position.
While carrying Intraday orders, we trade using margins and thus the trade goes in loss showing the negative balance. It will show the negative balance till the time we square off our trade or their RMS team do so. Your AMC might be deducted and this is the reason why it shows negative balance.
Rs.20 brokerage and 15x intraday margin are the most suited for a new trader. Whereas, the Priority plan is best for the experienced traders who require higher (20x) leverage. The brokerage charges (Rs. 30 per trade) are also higher under the Priority Plan.
The Upstox has pioneered the low-cost brokerage model. Thus while trading with Upstox, equity delivery trades are free of cost. For intraday trading on BSE, NSE and MCX and F&O. It is 0.05% or up to Rs. 20 per order traded.
The Upstox provides three trading platforms. There is Upstox Pro web that you can access from your favorite browser. The other software Upstox Mobile which is available on both Android and iOS will help you in trading on the go.
Upstox runs a partner program wherein you can become a sub-broker and start referring customers from your network. You can earn commissions when they trade. You can receive earnings in two ways in this program either earn a part of the brokerage paid by your referrals or earn incentives for referrals when they open an Upstox account.
The Account opening is free. But if you pay Rs.149, you will get a brokerage credit worth Rs.250 with the validity of 30 days.
You can withdraw money from your Upstox account directly from the application. You go to the balance section of the app and choose to “withdraw funds” from your securities or commodities account. Once after selecting the account, click on the “withdraw” screen. Now enter the amount you want to withdraw and click on “submit”.
Upstox is an online broker and a POA is compulsory during the account opening. This is done in order to keep your information safe and secure.
There is no limit of how many banks accounts you can link with Upstox. One bank account will be marked as the primary account and rest of them will be marked as the secondary bank accounts.
The monthly maintenance charge for the demat account is Rs.25 (excluding GST). This amount will be charged at the end of every month.
The trading with Upstox is completely safe. The company started offering its services in 2012 and since then it has grown exponentially. It has lakhs of trusted customers and over 5 lakh customers traded in January 2020. This made it rank as the second largest discount stock broker in India. The company is registered with the SEBI, BSE, NSE, MCX, CDSL and NSDL. It is regularly audited by the exchanges and no violations have been noticed so far. The company is backed with the leading investors like Ratan Tata, Tiger Global and GVK Davix.
The client can freeze his account in case he does not wish to do any transaction in the near future. This helps in curbing the unauthorized use of demat account & prevention of frauds. The account will be de-freeze only on the instructions of the account holder.
To reactivate your Upstox account, all you need to do is to fill the reactivation form and email it to us at [email protected] You also need to send a bank statement of the last three months that have been self-attested. Once after we receive this, your account will be reactivated within 24–48 business hours.
Upstox core services does not include providing trading or stock tips. As an online broker, Upstox believes in keeping costs as low as possible.
There is no minimum balance that you are obliged to maintain in an Upstox Mutual Fund account once after the first time when you purchase the SIP.
You can upgrade your Upstox account by just sending an email from the registered email Id to [email protected] Remember to keep the subject line "Request to change brokerage plan." Make sure that you mention your Name and UCC in the email. The request for changing brokerage plans will be processed in 24-48 hours during business days.
One of the major advantages of having trading account with Upstox is their low-cost structure. As a result, they do not provide any RM (Relationship Manager) services, even in Mumbai.
The Trigger price in Upstox is the pre-set price on a buy or sell order in trading. The order here is a special order such as a “stop-loss order”, a “take-profit order”, “bracket order” and a “cover order”.
The withdrawal of money procedure is an online process. Thus, every request is processed within 24 business hours after the trading day has ended. The Upstox staff get notified of your withdrawal request and hence they process all withdrawals once at the end of each day.
Yes, the account opening in Upstox is free with a ₹249 prepaid brokerage plan. Currently the company does not charge any account opening fee for the individual trading accounts.
In order to change your phone number in the Upstox account, you will have to open an online service request. To change phone number in Upstox, follow the below mentioned steps: a) Go to www.upstox.com b) Click on 'Sign in' > 'Dashboard' c) Login to the dashboard (Upstox back office) d) Choose and click on the 'Service Request' box e) Then, click on 'Change your Mobile Number" f) Enter the new phone number and verify the OTP. Once after the request is submitted, it will be processed in 24 to 72 hours.
Upstox is not a listed company. It is a privately owned company run by the promoters of the company including Mr. Ravi Kumar and Mr. Shrinivas Viswanath. Four major investors that include Mr. Ratan Tata, Tiger Global Management, GVK Davix and Kalaari Capital Partners invested in this company.
The “Validity in Upstox” means the tenure or period for which a placed order is valid. The price of a stock moves up and down on a regular basis and thus the order is executed only when the matching price is available.
If you are deciding to close your account then you can delete it, then you can delete it. Upstox does not charge any fees to close your demat or trading account. Just make sure that all your dues are clear and transfer all existing securities from your Upstox demat account.