Zerodha is the biggest stock broker in India in terms of the highest active clients. It a Bangalore based stock broker was founded by Nitin Kamath on 15th August 2010., the CEO of Zerodha. Zerodha is focused on to break the barriers that traders and investors usually face in terms of cost, support, technology and other trading platforms. Zerodha Brokerage and in-house technology successfully stands out and this makes it the largest and popular stock broker in India and also considered as one of the safest stock brokers. Zerodha 3-in-1 account facilitates its customers with easy and quick fund transfer facility.
Zerodha Account Opening Charges
Zerodha Demat Account opening charges are different for both online and offline account opening. Zerodha Demat account fees for online account opening is ₹200 and offline charges of Zerodha Demat account opening is ₹400.
Zerodha Online Demat account opening
Zerodha Offline Demat account opening)
Rest of the Zerodha Demat Account Charges Details are also important. Zerodha Demat Account also includes AMC (Annual Maintenance Charge). It is charged quarterly directly from your trading account from the date your account is opened. Please note that Zerodha account opening charge does not include AMC.
How much amc in zerodha?
AMC for Zerodha Demat account including Zerodha demat account annual charges and Quarterly charges is given below:
For individuals, HUFs, Partnership firms
₹300 + 18% GST
₹75 + 18% GST
₹500 + 18% GST
₹125 + 18% GST
For private and public & LLPs companies
₹1000 + 18% GST
₹250 + 18% GST
For IL&FS Demat (account opened before 15th Sep 2015)
₹400 + 18% GST
₹100 + 18% GST
* HUF – Hindu undivided family
* LLP – Limited liabilities partnership
* IL&FS – Infrastructure leasing and financial services limited
Zerodha Demat Account Review
Zerodha demat account is one of the services that is offered by the company to its customers. This service is a part of its Zerodha 2 in 1 account that offers an integrated trading account and a demat account for consistent transaction between them. There is 3 popular Zerodha demat account app for users i.e., Zerodha Kite, Zerodha coin and Zerodha varsity. Zerodha demat account mobile app best for quick and smooth trading and investing experience.
Zerodha is a depository participant (DP) with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL). Customers has given satisfactory review of Zerodha demat account as well. Zerodha demat account opening for minor is also available with guardian support. Information related to Zerodha Demat Account Opening Details is described well below.
Key features of Zerodha Demat Account
Zerodha Demat account Benefits are written below
• It gives you easy online access to shares, mutual funds, etc.
• Zerodha 2-in-1 account facility helps you in carrying seamless transactions between trading and demat accounts.
• The dividends are credited automatically to the linked bank account.
• The low debit transaction charges for stock and mutual funds.
Documents Required to Open Zerodha Demat Account
So now the documents required for Zerodha demat account opening are:
1. PAN card.
2. Aadhaar Details (For online account opening).
3. Cancelled cheque or Bank statement.
4. Copy of your signature proof.
5. Income proof- Latest Salary Slips, Bank Statement, Form-16, ITR etc.
Note: Income proof is necessary if you are planning to trade in Future and Options (F&O).
Once you are ready with all your documents, next step is open a demat account in Zerodha. You must have your Aadhar card linked to your mobile number as it is one of the Zerodha Demat account requirements in case of online demat account opening. If not, then you have to fill a paper form and send it to the Zerodha office.
Zerodha Demat Account - How to open?
Zerodha Demat Account Opening Online
You can open your account online by following simple Zerodha demat account steps as Opening a Zerodha Demat Account is easy. Follow the below Steps to open Zerodha demat account:
2. Enter mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar card and continue.
3. Enter the OTP which is received on your mobile number.
4. Fill your Name, Email ID, PAN details and UPI ID to pay account opening fess.
5. Click to continue to Digi locker.
6. Enter your Aadhar No. and enter the OTP which is received on your Aadhar Registered mobile no.
7. Enter the required Profile details and Bank details.
8. Record your face video with code for IPV.
9. Upload documents to very bank details for F&O activation.
10. Continue with E-sign to complete process.
Zerodha Demat Account Opening Offline
In case you wish to open a Zerodha account offline, follow the below steps:
2. Take its printout and fill the form.
3. Send the filled application form along with self-attested copies of required documents and a cheque of Account opening fess in Favour of Zerodha Broking Link to the below address.
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru – 560078
Generally, it takes two working days for Zerodha account opening, after the forms are received at their Bangalore office.
Basic Service Demat Account
A basic service Demat account (BDSA) is an account meant for small investors who do not invest regularly in stocks, bonds, ETF’s, mutual funds, etc. The BSDA can be opened and maintained at a reduced cost. Zerodha demat account for NRI is also eligible for trading and investment in equity in Indian Stock Market.
Criteria to open a BSDA account
1. You should have only one single Demat account across all the depositories.
2. The value of your holdings should be less than or equal to the limits mentioned below:
AMC (Excluding GST)
More than ₹2,00,000
₹75 Per Quarter
Up to ₹50,000
₹50,000 to ₹2,00,000
₹25 Per Quarter
• Holding value is counted for a year and if the value of holdings is your current demat account is under the holding value of ₹2,00,000, and you own a single demat account, then your account will naturally get converted into BSDA.
• If you open another demat account with any stock broker or your holding value increases the above written limits then in both conditions your Basic service demat account (BSDA) account will get converted into a Demat account.