ICICIdirect Review 2023 | Brokerage, Margin, Demat, and Details
ICICI Direct Review | Brokerage Charges, Account Opening
With ICICIdirect, you can access retail trading and investment services from India's largest and most trusted stock broker, ICICI securities. It offers customers diverse online trading and investment services through its ICICIdirect platform.
ICICI Securities is part of the ICICI Group, one of India’s top financial services providers, offering several banking and other services. It was incorporated on 9 March, 1995 as ICICI Brokerage Services. Under its new ICICIdirect Neo trading Brokerage Plan, the company offers a zero-brokerage plan, affordable derivatives trading including options, futures, currencies and commodities, and a 3-in-1 online trading, demat and bank account.
ICICIdirect equips its customers with complete investment products such as online equity trading, derivatives trading, Mutual Fund & IPO, Fixed Deposits, Bonds, NCDs, Wealth products, Home Loans, Loan Against Securities etc., all under a single login. It is among the most visited investment portals in the country.
The company also provides its customers with a Markets App & Money App. Markets App is one of the best share trading app, which is the in-house trading app so customers and investors can embark on their trading journey from their smartphones. It comes equipped with superior features and analytical tools that can enhance their trading experience. Money App allows you to invest in Mutual Funds, SIP, Tax Saving Schemes & other Investment Baskets from your mobile
ICICI Account Opening
ICICIdirect provides the facility of opening an integrated 3-in-1 account to trade in various segments. You can open a demat account online at the ICICIdirect website. If the customer holds a demat or bank account with ICICI Bank, they can all be linked into an integrated account. Customers are not allowed to link other bank or demat accounts with the ICICI Trading Account, making it compulsory to open the 3-in-1 account if they want to trade via ICICIdirect.
ICICIdirect Brokerage Plans
A customer pays a commission or brokerage when they buy or sell securities through ICICIdirect, which offers several brokerage plans suited to the individual's needs.
The brokerage plans for ICICIdirect are listed below:
1. ICICIdirect Prime Plan (With Buy Now Pay Later Scheme)
2. Lifetime Prepaid (Advance Brokerage Plan)
3. ICICIdirect Neo (Zero Brokerage Plan)
ICICI Trading Software
ICICIdirect provides its customers with the best services in the market. It equips them with various trading platforms to make their trading experience smooth and effective.
Some of the trading software are listed below:
1. www.ICICIdirect.com (Website)
2. Trade Racer (Trading Terminal)
3. ICICI Direct Mobile App, ICICI direct Market App & Money App
Advantages of ICICIdirect
1. It makes trading easy for its customers by providing an integrated 3-in-1 account i.e. banking, broking and free demat account opening.
2. ICICIdirect manages the customers’ demat and bank accounts by transferring the money to the broker’s pool or towards deposits.
3. Investments in online IPOs, Mutual Funds, GOI Funds and postal savings schemes can all be made from one website. 40+ products across savings and investing/loans and borrowings/ insurance and protection
4. It has multiple brokerage plans that give customers a choice to choose the best one for them.
5. It offers customers a One-Click investment portfolios in stocks, ETFs & mutual funds where customers can invest in top-performing products with just a single click handpicked by their research, which are curated through extensive analysis
6. ICICIdirect offers customers a Buy Now Pay Later scheme where customers can place orders today and pay within 365 days using margin trading.
7. It provides personalized portfolio monitoring and alters through i-lens, i-Alert and i-track.
8. It allows trading at both the national exchanges i.e. NSE and BSE.
9. ICICIdirect offers eATM option where a customer can receive instant payout of funds, within 5 minutes of placing their cash sale transaction.
10. It provides customers with investment ideas from its award-winning research team.
11. The low bandwidth website is available for the slow internet connection or trading from various mobile devices.
12. By placing the VTC feature i.e. Valid till Cancelled, customers can place buy or sell limit orders that remain valid for 45 days.
13. Make the most of Investonomics & knowledge centre by ICICIdirect to learn all about investing in Markets and growing your wealth
Disadvantages of ICICIdirect
1. The brokerage of ICICIdirect is not negotiable. The brokerage can be brought down simply by subscribing to the ICICIdirect prime or neo brokerage plans.
2. The minimum brokerage as the standard I-Secure plan is ₹35 per trade that is high for the traders making small trades.
3. ICICIdirect provides ₹0.05 per share brokerage on the stocks quoting up to ₹10. It becomes difficult to trade in penny stocks.
4. ICICI Direct charges ₹25 per call for the call and trader after the first 20 free calls in a month.
Comments for ICICIdirect Review 2023 | Brokerage, Margin, Demat, and Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund is good. It is a reputed fund house offering the direct mutual fund services. By investing in direct schemes, you can save on commissions and charges. These commissions and charges add up to a significant amount in the long-term.
With this facility, If an order remains unexecuted on a specific trade but you are not required to log in again and place the same orders again. ICICI direct will keep submitting the remaining order to the exchange everyday morning.
While an IPO is open for bidding, the customer can place the order for IPO share anytime (24*7) simply by visiting the ICICI Direct website.
The brokerage charged by ICICI Direct is very expensive. The brokerage charges will be reduced by subscribing to ICICI Direct prime or prepaid brokerage plans. The brokerage charged is very high for the novice traders.
A Limit Price is an order to buy or sell shares at the specified price or a better price. The better price for a buy order will be the lowest possible whereas, for a sell order it will be the highest possible. You need to specify a maximum price for a buy order and a minimum price for a sell order. The order will be executed at the specified price or a lower price for the buy orders or a higher price for sell orders.
The online account opening with the Aadhar based digital signature is not provided to the NRIs. The US based NRIs can open an account online. The paperless process takes just 2 days to open an account once the application is submitted.
The Post IPO is closed the allotment process gets completed within the next 5th working days and on the 6th working day the shares are listed on the exchange.
The ICICI Direct account gets automatically deactivated if it remains unused for 6 months. The account will continue to attract charges. So, in case you are planning to deactivate your account for few days or couple of months then it does not make much difference whether it is active or deactivated.
ICICI Direct is an integrated account of trading, demat and bank accounts. In such accounts, all the accounts are linked together to facilitate the customers with the smooth and faster trading. All the accounts are opened altogether at once by filling a single application form.
“Convert to Delivery” (CTD) in ICICI Direct is an option where in the customers can convert your intraday positions (margin buy) into cash delivery. The customer can convert the entire order or a part of it. The customers is required to pay the entire trading value (100% margin) while converting the order.
Only one IPO application is allowed per savings bank account with the ICICI Bank.
The ICICI Direct customers can open a demat account for free of cost. The customers planning to open a ICICI trading account along with the demat account will be charged ₹975 for opening the account.
No, ICICI Direct does not provide trading services in the commodity segment.
Yes, you can withdraw an IPO application while the IPO is still open. Simply visit ICICI direct website, visit the IPO order book for placing a withdrawal request.
The ICICI direct bullet brokerage allows the customers to trade in Intraday for free brokerage. They will square off within 5 minutes by the customer. ICICI does not charge any brokerage for the intraday position squared-off in less than 5 minutes. However, the other charges and taxes will be applicable as per their brokerage plan. This plan is offered on the Intraday Margin plus facility.
ICICI Direct Equity ATM (eATM) is the facility where the customers receive money from selling the shares in 30 minutes into their trading account. In a normal settlement cycle, the money is credited to their T+2 working day excluding holidays.
ICICI Direct Cloud Order facility designed for placing the quick orders. Instead of filling the order form while the market is on, you could prepare and save a number of orders well in advance. Such orders remain in the cloud order queue until you delete them. These orders are not sent to the exchange until they place the order.
ICICI Direct offers both the NSDL and CDSL depositories for the demat account. The customers can select any one of them at the time of opening an account. The ICICI Securities is the depository participant with both the NSDL and CDSL.
In order to convert an Intraday position to delivery (Cash Segment), you need to click on the “Convert to Delivery” (CTD) link on the “Margins Positions” page. You can convert a position in full or part. The CTD would require the full payment of the trading value.
IOC order in ICICI Direct is an abbreviation for “Immediate or Cancelled” order. It is a type of order validity that you have to select while placing a buy or sell order. The other options in order validity are ”Day” and “VTC” (Valid Till Cancelled).