IIFL Securities is a part of IIFL Group and was incorporated in 1995. It is among the largest independent full-service stock broker house that serves various retail and institutional clients. The IIFL group is the leading financial service provider in that provides a broad range of services. It is the highly recognized brand for the quality of advice, personalized service and the usage of cutting-edge technology.
The full-service stock broker provides an online trading and research-based advisory services for the complete range of financial products that includes Stocks, Derivatives, Commodities, Insurance, FDs, Loans, IPO and Bonds etc.
The full-service broker has a broad network across India. Its branches are spread across all the major cities and states. It is very famous among the retail investors and the traders for their personalized services by taking the help of Relationship Manager and the branches.
The Unique Offering of IIFL is the Equity or Commodity Broker and Research. It was initially introduced as the retail broking firm and launched its 5paisa trading solution or platform. Its 5paisa firm provided the discount brokerage charges in the stock broking industry and also has given freedom to make the transactions by several traditional ways.
Account opening charges in IIFL
Demat Account Opening Fees
Demat Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC)
₹0 (1st year Fees)
Trading Account Opening charge (One-time)
Trading AMC (Yearly)
₹0 for the 1st year
Dematerialization of Share Certificates
Rematerialization of Share Certificates
Conversion of Mutual Fund units
Reconversion of Mutual Fund units into Statement of Account
₹40 (per request)
Documents Necessary to open an account in IIFL
The documents that are required to open a demat account with IIFL Securities are:
3. Bank account proof (Bank passbook/ Latest bank statement/ Cancelled Cheque)
4. Income proof (Latest Salary Slip, Income Tax Return for currency and derivative segment)
5. Passport Size Photographs.
IIFL account opening procedure
IIFL offers demat account opening in two ways:
The best method to open an account with IIFL is to request a call back from the IIFL representative. After the submission of request, a person from the nearby IIFL Branch will call you and guide you for the further process.
The customer can open an instant and paperless account with IIFL. The condition is that the customer’s current phone number should be linked with the Aadhar card. This procedure is very simple and completely online. Follow the below steps to open an account online:
1. Visit official website of ‘IIFL securities’.
2. Click on ‘Register’ after filling the personal information such as name, email id and mobile number.
3. Enter the personal details such as PAN Number, DOB and Aadhar Number.
4. You will receive an OTP on your mobile number and an OTP on your email ID. Click on the link and enter OTP.
5. Fill all the required details i.e. Address and Bank details.
6. Upload scanned copies of required documents.
7. Choose a brokerage plan that suits you best and click on “Submit”.
The account will be opened in the next 24 hours after validating the information and documents. The customers will receive a mail once their account is opened.
Benefits of opening an account with IIFL
1. It provides online account opening facility.
2. It provides access to financial data and research reports to make your trading decision more selective.
3. It provides three types of brokerage plans i.e. Investor Plan, Premium Plan and Super Trader Plan. You can choose the one that suits you best.
4. IIFL has 4000 branches all over the India so that you can get guidance or assistance whenever and wherever required.
5. It provides an advanced online trading and investing platform for fast and seamless experience.
SEBI has assigned DPs in order to determine the value of holding on to the basis of the daily closing price or Net Asset Value of the securities or the units of mutual funds. If the value of your holdings exceeds by the slabs then the DPs are permitted to change the same as they charge non-BSDA regular demat accounts.
IIFL POA form is signed for the limited purpose. It allows IIFL to perform limited activities in the demat account of a client like the debit of shares from the account. IIFL asks its customers about the Power of Attorney (POA).
The Securities that are held in the depository account can be pledged in order to avail the loan or credit facility. Pledge of Securities in CDSL/NSDL depository requires both the borrower and the lender to have an account within a same depository either in NSDL or CDSL.
The customers will receive SMS on the registered mobile number and a welcome mail on the registered mail id. He will also receive a welcome letter along with the welcome kit on the registered address. Further, the customers will receive the password on the registered mobile number.