Geojit NRI Account Opening, Charges, Services Review and Details
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Account Opening, Charges, Services Review
Once a great trader & investor of India said that stock markets are just like women; always commanding, mysterious, unpredictable and volatile. Earning profitable amount of money by investing in the share market is not an easy task, it needs proper research, confidence, continuity and a diverse platform to invest. Geojit Financial Services Limited is a famous, diversified and trusted brand of the Indian brokerage industry. Established in 1987 as a full-service broker of India, Geojit Financial Services Limited facilitate you to invest in NSE, BSE and MCX. Geojit Financial Services Limited is the depositary member of both the exchanges CDSL & NSDL and offers free demat account opening services in its platform. Geojit Financial Services Ltd linkedin has a very wide network as it is present in 500+ locations across India and abroad such as Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, Oman and Muscat.
Geojit Financial Services Limited is known for its attractive leverage facility through which you can buy unaffordable shares and trade more in the share market. Geojit Financial Services Limited linkedin offers many financial services such as investment banking, wealth management, corporate finance & advisory, brokerage & distribution in various segments such as equities, commodities, mutual funds, insurance, sovereign gold bonds, loan against shares, insurance, smartfolios & portfolio management etc.
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Account
To invest in Indian share market through Geojit Financial Services Limited, an NRI must have following accounts and certificate.
1. PAN Card
PAN Card is a necessary legal identification document required to open demat and trading account in India. You don’t need to apply for new PAN card if you already hold one as PAN number is used to be same for both resident Indians and NRIs and also you can apply for new PAN card by filling up 49AA Form online through the website of UTIITSL and NSDL.
2. NRI Savings Bank Account
Geojit Financial Services Limited only offer 2-in-1 account services i.e. demat and trading account so you need to open NRE / NRO savings bank account with any designated Indian bank. It is mandatory to open a NRI Savings Bank Account to link it with Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Demat and Trading Account.
3. Custodial Account (With Geojit Financial Services Ltd.) (For F&O trade only)
Before opening of NRI demat and trading account on Geojit, NRIs needs to open a custodial account with Geojit Financial Services Limited to obtain a CP code.
4. Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Demat Account
Geojit NRI demat account is necessary as it holds your securities, stocks, bonds, mutual fund units etc. Some of the key features of Geojit NRI demat account are as follows:
• Demat account with CDSL & NSDL & broker acts as a mediator.
• Demat account is same for both resident Indians and NRIs.
• Very secure to hold your securities.
• Direct credit of dividend & bonus to linked bank account.
• Online management.
• You need to link your Geojit NRI demat account with your NRI savings bank account.
5. Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Trading Account
Geojit Financial Services Limited offers NRI trading account through its membership with NSE and BSE. Key features of Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Trading account are as follows:
• Facilitate you to trade almost in all segments.
• Call and trade facility.
• Real-time market analysis and charting tools.
• Access to research reports.
6. PIS Permission Certificate
PIS permission certificate is a necessary document issued by SEBI and your respective bank will help you in getting PIS permission certificate.
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Account Charges
Geojit NRI demat account charges are given below:
NRI Account Opening Charges
NRI Account AMC
Equity Delivery Brokerage
Equity Future Brokerage
Equity Option Brokerage
Documents required to Geojit NRI account opening on Geojit Financial Services Limited
An NRI should have following documents to attach with the application form to open a Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI account. Application form is available in the official website of Geojit Financial Services Limited.
• PAN card (Compulsory).
• 2 latest passport size photographs.
• Indian address proof – Bank passbook / passport (with VISA page) / driving license / electricity / telephone bill.
• PIS Permission letter.
• FATCA declaration form.
• Declaration of P.O. box of your residence country
• NRIs with foreign passport – Copy of passport & PIO/OCI card
• NRIs with Indian passport – Copy of passport & valid VISA
• Proof of depositary accounts.
• Bank account proof.
• Overseas address proof: Driving licence/utility bills/rent agreement/bank statement (not more than 2 months old) or bank passbook / foreign passport.
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Account Opening Process
After getting NRI Savings Bank Account, Custodial Account with Geojit Financial Services Ltd and PIS permission letter from SEBI, you can open Geojit demat account for NRI & Geojit trading account on Geojit by following given below steps:
• Open official website of Geojit Financial Services Limited
• Under ‘Other’ section in the footer of the page, click ‘Account Opening Form’.
• Click ‘Standard set of Account Opening Form’.
• Courier the application form along with all the required documents to the address mentioned in the form.
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Mutual Fund
Geojit Financial Services Limited provide the facility for NRI investors to invest in various Mutual Fund schemes. Some important features are as follows.
• 1000+ MFs offered by 30+ AMCs.
• Online performance tracker.
• Research & recommendation services.
• Allow you to invest through lumpsum or SIP.
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Trading Software
Geojit Financial Services Limited offers free trading software to resident Indians and NRIs.
• SELFIE (Mobile-based trading platform)
• SELFIE Gold (Browser-based trading platform)
• SELFIE Platinum (Exe-based virtual terminal)
Geojit Financial Services Limited NRI Customer Care
You can contact Geojit Financial Services Limited customer care executive via mobile number and email id.
Phone no.- +91 0484 3911777
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments for Geojit NRI Account Opening, Charges, Services Review and Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Geojit offers you to invest in Sovereign Gold Bond which is far better than investing in physical gold bond.
Exploitation of the price discrepancies seen in different exchanges or in the spot market result is the making profit by entering with the opposite positions of the same contract.
• Form A2 is required along with a declaration form: As per the FEMA rules and regulations, form A2 is required every time to declare the amount that is to be transfer abroad. Within the LRS fillings, your bank will file this for you and Stockal automatically fills this for you, only you need to check that all the information is correct or not after that download the filled-in-form, sign and upload it again for your bank to file. • PAN card, address proof.
Currently, Geojit Financial Services Limited does not provide the facility of Algo Trading on its platform but we will update you once the broker will start the algo trading facility on its platform.
Yes, Geojit Financial Services Limited offers free research and recommendation services to their clients.
Yes, Portfolio Management Services (PMS) are available in Geojit Financial Services Limited platform.
Yes, Geojit offers After Market Order (AMO) facility on its platform.
Yes, you can apply for any IPO by using Geojit platform and you will get the information about upcoming IPOs, IPO opening & closing date, allotment date, face value, equity share price, company’s background & financial assets etc. on this platform.
Hedging is considered as a risk management strategy in which trader used to take equal and opposite position in futures market to avoid the risk of loss due to fluctuation in prices in the share market.
You can invest in US market by using Geojit platform, you need to open ab account on Geojit, powered by ‘Stockkal’. Your brokerage account will be created with Geojit’s US partner for clearing services ‘DriveWealth’. After document verification, it will take 2 business days to open your account. After opening your account, you need to transfer money into your brokerage account from your domestic account and now you can invest in US stocks. You can also take the extensive research and support available on the platform.
Yes, NRIs are allowed to trade in share market by using Geojit platform. You need to open NRI demat & trading account on Geojit which is a very easy process.
No, short selling is not permitted under Margin Trading Funding (MTF) whereas you can buy in MTF and sell on the same day itself.
No, Geojit Financial Services Limited only offers 2-in-1 account to resident Indians and NRIs i.e. Geojit demat & trading account and Geojit NRI demat & trading account.
Debenture is a kind of bond issued by a company with no collateral. It is a type of debt instrument which has a term usually greater than 10 years and backed only by creditworthiness and reputation of the issuer.