- Zebu Trade
- IIFL Securities
- Kotak Securities
- Axis Direct
- HDFC securities
- ICICI Direct
- Motilal Oswal
- Reliance Securities
- Marwadi Shares
- Master Trust
- Choice Broking
- Goodwill Commodities
- Prabhudas Lilladher
- SBICAP Securities
- Bajaj Capital
- GCL Securities
- SMC Global
- Anand Rathi
- Nirmal Bang
- Aditya Birla
- Indira Securities
Geojit Demat Account Opening Charges and Details
Geojit Financial Services Limited Demat Account Review
The Indian brokerage industry is governed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). We can observe that number of traders are increasing day by day in the Indian brokerage market and number of brokers are also increasing. Geojit Financial Services Limited is a very old SEBI registered full-service broker and offers to invest in equity, derivative, currency, commodity, mutual fund and IPO. Geojit Financial Services Limited provide the facility to any Non-resident Indians (NRIs) to invest in Indian share market through its platform. Geojit offers leverage and margin exposure up to 6x to trade in intraday segment which is quite beneficial for beginners and experienced traders. Geojit is the depositary member of CDSL and NSDL and it provides free demat and trading account opening services on its platform.
• Equity Delivery : 0.30%
• Equity Intraday : 0.03%
• Equity Futures : 0.03%
• Equity Options : Rs 125 per contract
• Currency Futures : 0.03%
• Currency Options : Rs 125 per contract
• Commodity Futures : NA
Geojit Financial Services Limited offers many trading software and mobile application through which you can place your order from any place across India. Geojit is one of the trader’s first choice because of its transparent policy and ultra-modern features through which any trader can enhance their assets easily.
Geojit Financial Services Limited Demat Account:
Demat account is necessary if you want to trade in the share market as it holds your securities, shares, bonds, mutual fund units etc. As a depositary participant of CDSL and NSDL, Geojit Financial Services Limited offers depositary services on its platform. Geojit offers 2-in-1 account to all traders/investors. With the help of Geojit Financial Services Limited demat account, you can trade/invest in equity, derivative, currency, mutual funds and commodity. Geojit provide the facility to open demat account via both online and offline method by following some simple steps.
Geojit Financial Services Limited Securities DP Membership ID:
• CDSL DP ID : 48900
• NSDL DP ID : IN300239
Online Account Opening on Geojit Financial Services Limited:
Geojit Financial Services Limited offers you to open online demat account, steps are as follows:
• Open website of Geojit or download the mobile application.
• Click ‘Open Account’ available at the header of the website.
• Sign up by registering your mobile number and validate the OTP received in your mobile number.
• Upload the copies of required documents in the given tab.
• Last step is to complete the E-sign process in which you need to verify the OTP received in your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
• After verification of your document, you will receive account opening notification via SMS and email.
Offline Account Opening on Geojit Financial Services Limited:
Offline account opening facility is available on Geojit Financial Services Limited just follow some simple steps:
• You can locate the nearby branch by visiting the official website and visit the branch.
• Company’s representative will assist and provide you account opening form
• Fill all the entities of the form and attach the documents required.
• Deposit the form at the branch office and after verification of your documents, you will receive the notification of your account opening via SMS and email.
Geojit Financial Services Limited Demat Account Opening Charges:
Geojit Financial Services Limited does not charge any amount on opening of demat account on its platform.
Demat Account Opening Charges
Zero AMC untill 31st March 2023
Documents Required to Open Demat Account on Geojit Financial Services Limited:
• PAN card
• Aadhar card
• Bank statement / Bank passbook / cancel cheque.
• Signature on white paper
• Passport size latest photograph
• Income proof (Required if want to trade in F&O segment)
Geojit Financial Services Limited Depositary Charges:
Various depositary charges are as follows:
Account Opening Charges
Annual Maintenance Charges
Nil + courier charges @ Rs 35
Rs 10 for every hundred securities or part there of; or Rs 10 per certificate, whichever is higher + courier charges of Rs 35 per scrip.
1. For transaction through Geojit
0.02% subject to a minimum of Rs 15 and maximum of Rs 40 per transaction, if the delivery is through POA/speed-e with DCN.
0.03% subject to a min of Rs 20 and maximum of Rs 40 per transaction, if the delivery is through DIS or POA without DCN.
2. For transaction through other brokers
0.04% subject to a minimum of Rs 50 and maximum of Rs 100 per transaction.
Rs 50 per transaction
Rs 100 per transaction
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Geojit offers you to invest in Sovereign Gold Bond which is far better than investing in physical gold bond.
Exploitation of the price discrepancies seen in different exchanges or in the spot market result is the making profit by entering with the opposite positions of the same contract.
• Form A2 is required along with a declaration form: As per the FEMA rules and regulations, form A2 is required every time to declare the amount that is to be transfer abroad. Within the LRS fillings, your bank will file this for you and Stockal automatically fills this for you, only you need to check that all the information is correct or not after that download the filled-in-form, sign and upload it again for your bank to file. • PAN card, address proof.
Currently, Geojit Financial Services Limited does not provide the facility of Algo Trading on its platform but we will update you once the broker will start the algo trading facility on its platform.
Yes, Geojit Financial Services Limited offers free research and recommendation services to their clients.
Yes, Portfolio Management Services (PMS) are available in Geojit Financial Services Limited platform.
Yes, Geojit offers After Market Order (AMO) facility on its platform.
Yes, you can apply for any IPO by using Geojit platform and you will get the information about upcoming IPOs, IPO opening & closing date, allotment date, face value, equity share price, company’s background & financial assets etc. on this platform.
Hedging is considered as a risk management strategy in which trader used to take equal and opposite position in futures market to avoid the risk of loss due to fluctuation in prices in the share market.
You can invest in US market by using Geojit platform, you need to open ab account on Geojit, powered by ‘Stockkal’. Your brokerage account will be created with Geojit’s US partner for clearing services ‘DriveWealth’. After document verification, it will take 2 business days to open your account. After opening your account, you need to transfer money into your brokerage account from your domestic account and now you can invest in US stocks. You can also take the extensive research and support available on the platform.
Yes, NRIs are allowed to trade in share market by using Geojit platform. You need to open NRI demat & trading account on Geojit which is a very easy process.
No, short selling is not permitted under Margin Trading Funding (MTF) whereas you can buy in MTF and sell on the same day itself.
No, Geojit Financial Services Limited only offers 2-in-1 account to resident Indians and NRIs i.e. Geojit demat & trading account and Geojit NRI demat & trading account.
Debenture is a kind of bond issued by a company with no collateral. It is a type of debt instrument which has a term usually greater than 10 years and backed only by creditworthiness and reputation of the issuer.