Angel Broking Demat Account Charges and Details
Angel Broking Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
Angel Broking Demat Account Charges and Details
Angel Broking is a Mumbai based retail stock broker that offers trading, investment and advisory services to the retail customers. It offers products and services including Equity Trading, Currency Trading, Commodity Trading, Mutual funds, IPO, Life Insurance, Depository Service (Demat account) and NRI trading account. Additional services like Portfolio Management Service (PMS) and Investment Advisory are also provided by Angel Broking.
The demat account services is one of the major services that Angel broking provides to its customers. It provides a 2-in-1 account i.e. it provides a trading and demat account altogether.
The Demat account holds the shares, mutual funds, bonds etc. electronically. It holds the shares, bonds, etc. in a way similar to the bank holding money. The demat account allows the customers to buy or sell the shares electronically i.e. without any paperwork.
Angel Broking is registered as a Depository Participant with the Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
Elements of Angel Broking Demat Account
There are four key elements of a demat account which are as follows:
1. Depository- There are the two authorized depositories that are operating in India i.e. Central Depository of Securities Ltd (CDSL) and National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL). Both of these institutions hold pre-verified shares electronically.
2. Depository Participant (DP)- Any institution that is registered under SEBI can act as an agent of the Depository and can conduct transactions for the investor. It is important to know that any kind of depository service has to be channeled through the DP.
SEBI assigns every DP a unique code. A DP can be anyone like a financial institution, a scheduled commercial bank, a foreign bank operating in India (RBI approved), a stockbroker, etc.
3. Investor- The investor is the owner of the securities. For example: The person holding a demat account is the investor.
4. Unique Id- Each demat account has a unique 16- digit number that makes sure the smooth processing of securities.
Facilities available with Angel broking demat account
A demat account not only holds the financial securities but also has several other functions. Some of them are:
1. Investment Transfer- The person holding the account can transfer a part or all of their holdings to another person. The account holder needs to fill a Delivery Instruction Slip with all the correct information. By doing this one can have a seamless transfer of shares or other holdings.
2. Dematerialization: The investor can convert their physical share (If he wishes to do so) certificates or other physical records of securities into electronic form by the process of dematerializing.
In order to convert, the account holder needs to fill the Demat Request Form (available with every DP) that has the detailed information of the physical certificates. After filling the form, they can submit it with the original certificates to the DP. Every type of security has a different International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) and therefore the investor needs to separate forms for every security.
As soon as the documents are verified by the DP, it updates the investor account and the Depository makes a note of the changes.
3. Collateral for Loan- Security Holdings value can be used as collateral; while applying for a loan.
4. Corporate Actions- The securities present in the demat account are linked with the company. Whenever there is a split in equity a bonus is issued, or the company takes other steps concerning the shares or the other securities. The investor receives the notification and the security status is automatically updated. This all is carried out by the centralized system. Keeping an eye on the investments is made easier by the demat account.
5. Freeze the account- This feature is available for the customer having some specific securities and not zero balance in their demat account. It can be used only when the investor is expecting any unknown activity to occur. They can freeze their demat account which is similar as blocking a bank account or credit card.
6. E-facility- The NSDL allows investors to make transactions and then submit the e-slip to their respective DP in order to enable the swift transactions.
Documents required to open a demat account
To open a demat account, an individual requires an Identity proof and one address proof along with the PAN card and the bank details. The below mentioned documents are accepted by Angel Broking to open a demat account.
Identity Proof- Passport, Driving License, Voter’s ID, IT Returns, A verified copy of Phone bill/ electricity, PAN card, Bank attestation, A photo Id card issued by the central or state govt. or an Id with photograph issued by ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, etc.
Address Proof- Voter’s Id, Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, Bank Passbook/Statement, Leave and License agreement/ agreement for sale, verified copies of residential telephone/ electricity bills, Self-declaration by high court/ Supreme court judges, A photo Id card with address issued by the central or state govt. or an Id with photograph and address issued by ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI.
Demat Account Opening
Opening a demat account in Angel Broking is easy. The Angel Broking demat account can be opened in two ways i.e. Online and Offline.
How to open a demat account Offline?
1. Choose a depository participant- Once after comparing the services and the benefits that are offered by the different Depository Participants, you can choose the most suitable DP for his needs.
2. Fill the application form- After the choosing the most suitable DP for yourself, you are required to fill an application form to open a demat account. With the application form some documents are to be attested like Id proof, Address proof, PAN card, Bank details and your personal details.
3. Verification- The Depository Participant will conduct an in-person verification of you and your KYC documents. You will have to pay any necessary fee associated with the opening of demat account.
4. Final Approval- Once your documents are verified, and the final formalities are completed, your demat account will be opened. You will also be given a Unique Identification Number (UID).
How to open a demat account online?
Opening a demat account online is more convenient that the offline method. You can easily open your account using computer, laptop, tab, smartphone, etc.
Steps to open a demat account online are:
Charges for Opening a demat account with Angel Broking
Demat Account Annual Fee
Demat Account Annual Charges (AMC)
₹450 (Form 2nd year)
Frequently Asked Questions
Angel broking has an offline presence in around 10,000 offices across the different parts of India. Thus, from industry experience it is among the safest brokers.
You will receive your DP statements on a quarterly basis.
Yes, you can buy the trading software directly from BSE. We at Angel broking don’t recommend doing so as the software is very costly (Approx 15 lac) and it allows trading only on BSE.
No, since the password is only with you no one can do trade using your mobile phone. We keep the password in encrypted formats so that no one can sell your shares apart from you. It is advised to keep your password safe with you.
No, you don’t need a demat account to trade in currencies.
The minimum brokerage amount that is charged as per the agreed brokerage slab is Rs. 30. If you are unable to generate a brokerage of Rs.30 on any provided trading day, then you will be levied with an additional brokerage up to Rs.30 or 2.5%, whichever is lower in a particular segment.
No, we don’t have any fixed brokerage option.
The withdrawal amount will get deposited in your bank account within 30 minutes.
No amount is charged for closing the account.
Angel Broking provides the exposure of 2 times the margin amount.
Yes, you need to pay brokerage even if you are in loss.
No, currently the BTST service is not available with Angel Broking.
Yes, you can block funds for an IPO. The client is required to submit the signed ASBA application form that is pre-filled with the application details. There is no need to provide cheque. The funds would be blocked in the bank account that is mentioned in the form and the funds will get released if the shares remain unallotted.
Yes, you can trade now on Rs.15 brokerage per order depending on the size of the order.
The cash back gets credited as the prepaid brokerage to your account and is valid for the period of 6 months from the date of your account is activated.
It is a facility with which you can easily transfer funds to your bank.
To place a margin order, follow the steps mentioned below: 1. Login with your Angel broking account using the Mobile app. 2. Search the scrip using buy or sell on the Menu or select the scrip in the MW. 3. You will see a buy order pad as you click on the search result, navigate from the menu and select the scrip from MW. 4. On the order pad select the product type as Margin. 5. Confirm the order by adding other details and your order will be placed.
Yes, you need to have money in your trading account before placing an order.
Yes, you will receive an online confirmation of orders and trades. The status of any order gets updated on a real-time basis in the Order Book. As you place your order they are immediately validated by the system and then sent to the exchange for execution. The entire process is completely automatic and there are no manual interventions. You will also receive an email that will confirm the order placed by you at the end of the trading day. The digitally signed contract notes will also be sent through e-mail for the orders that are executed during the trading day.
Generally you need an amount of Rs.20,000 to trade commodity contracts. But it depends on what contract you buy.
Yes, the customers need to have money in their trading account before placing any order. On the other hand, if you have some sold shares, then the sale proceeds can be used to buy the shares you want.
It is a standardized forward contract which can be easily be traded between parties other than the two initial parties to the contract.
The branches of Angel broking are well-spread across the different parts of India. It has a wide network of 11,500 sub-brokers and franchises in tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 cities and towns of the country. Its broad network is among the top propositions to its clients.
It is a lending facility where the clients can avail the loans to trade in shares (Cash Segment of BSE and NSE) against the margin amount. The investor pays only an agreed margin of the total value of shares bought and the remaining is funded by the firm.
Margin Funding is beneficial to the investors who trades on delivery basis and holds the investment. As per the Exchange guideline, debit is not allowed in broking beyond T+7 to take high exposure.
A futures contract is simply a standardized forward contract that can be easily traded between parties other than the two initial parties of the contract.
You can start with any amount that you are comfortable with, but we at Angel broking recommend our customers to start with the substantial amount of Rs. 25,000.