Kotak Securities Trading Software Review - Features and Demo
Kotak Securities Limited was a subsidiary of Mahindra Bank that was founded in the year 1994. They provide various stockbroking service and distributes various financial products in India. The company is famous for its out-of-the-box ideas over the past years. In other words, they are well-known and well-respected full-service brokerage firm. The company is listed in BSE and NSE is also a depository participant with NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and CDSL (Central Depository Services Limited).
Kotak Securities is a brokerage firm that offers its services across all the financial trading asset classes. It was initially incorporated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It serves traders and investors from all nations. The company has earned over 13 lakh active accounts in the present that are managed by the giant and great network of more than 1200 branches that are spread across 177 cities in India.
It was the first stockbroker in India that introduced a various mobile stock trading app that will easily keep the record and track all the investments of an individual on the go. The firm also introduced the concept of SMS alerts right before the execution of depository transaction.
Kotak Securities Trading Software
Kotak Securities have invested significantly in technology and provides a range of online trading software to its customers. Major platform that are offered by the company are:
1. KEAT Pro X (Desktop Trading Terminal)- It is a free, user-friendly and high-speed online trading software. It can be easily downloaded either on a desktop or laptop online trading in the BSE, NSE and NSE Currency Markets.
Major features of KEAT Pro X are:
• It allows trading across multiple securities and multiple exchanges.
• It allows the buying or selling of orders at high speed with the shortcut keys.
• It provides live quotes from BSE, NSE and NSE Currency Markets.
• It provides access to key market data such as market lots, top gainers or losers, indices, etc.
• It allows the creation of personalized watchlists with the scrips across the exchanges and track in real-time.
• It provides various charting tools with technical indicators and historical data.
• It gives live stock recommendations from the research team.
• It provides access to various reports.
2. Kotak Stock Trader (Mobile Trading App)- It is a mobile trading application that is available for free to all the Kotak customers and non-customers. The non-customers can download the app and sign in the application as a guest user and access its various features.
The application enables monitoring of the markets, provides live quote, help traders, create watchlists and can view Intraday charts.
Features of Mobile Trading App are:
• You can trade from anywhere and anytime.
• It helps in monitoring your investment portfolio in real time.
• It provides live streaming quotes and stock market data.
• It provides access to intraday charts, view intraday and EOD movements for any scrips on in the form of candlestick.
• Easy transfer of funds from the bank account into trading or mutual fund account.
3. Kotak Securities Website (Web-based trading platform)- It is an online trading website that provides various essential trading features to the customers. It is an easy-to-use website that can be easily accessed from any browser.
Features of web-based trading platform:
• It provides access to multiple securities across exchanges.
• It allows placing buy or sell orders using the multiple order types.
• It provides live streaming of quotes and other market data.
• It allows investments in IPOs, Mutual Funds and Bonds, etc.
• It allows the viewing and monitoring the portfolio.
• It checks the real-time P/L on the positions.
• It helps in smooth transfer of funds and pay-out requests.
4. Kotak Small cases- It is a third-party investment tool that is provided by various other stock brokers such as 5Paisa, Zerodha, etc. A small case is a portfolio or a basket of stocks and ETFs that built a theme, idea or strategy. It has 2 to 50 instruments.
Features of Small case platform are:
• You can make a choice from 55+ different small cases.
• It has 4 small cases type options that includes thematic, model-based, sector trackers and beta.
• Make a selection of small based on your risk profile- conservative, Moderate, or aggressive.
• Make investments in a single click.
• It provides SIP facility.
5. Kotak Securities Fastlane- This is designed for the traders that uses an old or slow computer. It is a light and a fast trading application that is built by using Java Technology. It does not require to download or install any software.
Features of Kotak Fastlane are:
• It makes easy to place buy or sell orders.
• It tracks market in real-time.
• It creates a personalized watchlist.
• It allows to check the open positions.
• It provides the stock recommendations.
• It has an in-built software of S&P CNX NIFTY scrips that stream live.
6. Kotak Securities Xtralite Website- It is designed specially for the traders having slow internet connectivity and thus are enable to use other online trading software. Xtralite is a light and fast online trading website to make trade in the stock markets.
Features of website are:
• It offers an excellent trading experience even in slow internet connectivity.
• It works on mobile phones.
• It provides access to the stock quotes.
• You can view funds available in account.
• It provides access to Kotak research.
7. Kotak Securities Call and Trade- The call and trade facility allow the customer to place order on the phone by calling the Kotak Securities Call and Trade number. It allows them to place any amount of orders in a single call. There is no limit to the number of calls in a trade. The Kotak customers are allowed to trade in scrips, IPO and derivative segments. The Kotak Call and trade charges may vary depending on the type of account.
Kotak Call and Trade
First 20 calls free, ₹20
per call charged after that
First 20 calls free,
₹15 per call charged after that
Unlimited free calls
High Trader Account
First 20 calls free,
₹15 per call charged after
Kotak Trading Tools
Kotak Securities also offers various good trading tools to its customers. Such applications help the customers to analyse their trades, market insights and keep a tab on the market trends. It offers three trading tools or applications to its customers:
1) Kotak Trade Smart Derivatives- It is designed especially for the derivative traders and helps them in monitoring and analysing various different instruments like Call Options, Put Options, and Future Contracts, etc. The application or tool provides information in real-time on trades to traders.
Features of Kotak Trade Smart Derivatives application are:
• It has a single click snapshot that uses heatmap to get an analysis on the derivatives being traded.
• It provides all the key information like the most active call and put contracts, roll over percentage, market-wide position limits, volatility, put call ratios and much more in a single screen.
• It provides latest information on the positions built up in 15-minute intervals.
• It has an unusual activities screen to identify the bullish and bearish activity, breakout events and many more unusual activities.
• It scans the secondary market and get real-time information on the stocks, support and resistance levels.
• It provides options analytics for the better understanding of movements of Options contract.
2) Trade Smart Insights- It brings in the information and insights on the market and stocks across the globe. This application avails and provides the real-time insights on the stock markets, detects market sentiment, offers instant alerts and provides various recommendations from the different brokerage to make an informed trading decision.
Features of the platform are:
• It provides live information on 35000+ stocks from the world markets.
• It provides new categorized according to the sentiment- positive and negative.
• It allows to customize the news based on the sources, country and stocks in their portfolio.
• It provides instant alerts on various trading opportunities.
• It provides sentiment heatmap in order to identify market fluctuations and their impact on the stock price movements.
• It has a real-time information on the stock upgrades and downgrades by the rating agencies and the stock market analysts.
3) Kotak Trade Smart Trends: It provides trends for each scrip in their portfolio or watchlist and helps in deciding the levels to buy or sell a particular stock. Features of the application are:
• It identifies profit targets and stop loss for the trades.
• It provides a single click access to the patterns in the stock market and alerts.
• It provides access to investor’s education library in order to learn analysis of the stock market and study charts and graphs as an experienced trader.
• It helps in analysing the trades and portfolio to make informed decision.
1. Kotak Securities has made significant investments in technology to offer a wide range of online trading software and tools to its customers.
2. It offers various five advanced and free online trading platforms to its customers.
3. It offers various smart trading tools to helps the traders in derivative trading, analyse market trends and get real-time insights.
4. All the platforms and tools are very simple to use and provide various customization options.
As per the new process if an individual sells their holdings then they must be sold in the following sequence. First stock you hold as BNST will be sold. Second stocks you hold in the demat account and third stocks you own under Margin finance will be sold.
Yes, the customers can check the Kotak Mutual Fund status online. To check the status of your Mutual Fund investments are:
1. Login to Kotak Securities Account.
2. Click on reports.
3. Visit the mutual fund section.
4. Select Check order status.
Realized profit is the profit that comes from a completed trade. It means that the trade that has been exited. The realized profit is usually already deposited into the trader’s trading account and can simply be withdrawn from their trading account to bank account.
It charges 0.049% for Intra-day trades. These orders are known as Margin Intraday square-up or the MIS orders. All the open Intraday orders are auto squared-off at the end of each day. Extra leverage can be offered for these trades.
A ledger balance is computed by the bank at the end of each business day. It includes all the withdrawals and deposits to calculate the total amount of money in a bank account. The ledger balance is the opening balance in the bank account next morning and remains all day.