Kotak Securities Mutual Fund Review
Kotak Securities Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
Kotak Securities Mutual Fund Review
The Kotak Securities Limited was a subsidiary of Mahindra Bank that was founded in the year 1994. They provide various stock broking service and distributes various financial products in India. The company is famous for its out of the box ideas over the past years. In other words, they are well-known and well-respected full-service brokerage firm. The company is listed in BSE and NSE is also a depository participant with NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and CDSL (Central Depository Services Limited).
Kotak Securities is a brokerage firm that offers its services across all the financial trading asset classes. It was initially incorporated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It serves the traders and investors from all nation. The company has earned over 13 lakh active accounts in the present that are managed by the giant and great network of more than 1200 branches that are spread across 177 cities in India.
It was the first stock broker in India that introduced various mobile stock trading app that will easily keep the record and track all the investments of an individual on the go. The firm also introduced the concept of SMS alerts right before the execution of depository transaction.
Major Key features of Kotak Mutual Fund
1. It provides both the regular as well as direct mutual funds.
2. It allows a total of 42 in-house mutual funds.
3. It has an experienced research team that provide recommendations of mutual funds.
4. There is a single statement for all the holdings.
5. It also provides various customized solutions for investments in Mutual Funds.
6. It avails its customers with a dedicated RM (Relationship Manager) for assistance in mutual fund investments.
7. It further provides a consolidated investment account with quick access of the entire portfolio.
Kotak Mutual Fund Account Opening Process
In order to open a mutual fund account with Kotak Securities Mutual Fund or Kotak Mahindra Bank an individual needs to submit the application form on the website. After submitting the application, a representative will call you to take the account opening process further. By opening an account, a customer can easily invest through an associate website of Kotak Mahindra Bank for Mutual Fund Investment.
Steps to open Kotak Mutual Fund Account
1. Go to the official website of Kotak Mahindra.
2. Tap on “Explore Products” tab present on the main menu.
3. Go to “Investments” from the drop-down menu.
4. Go to “Mutual Fund” and Select “Apply Now” button.
5. Enter your details and wait for a representative to call you for taking the process further.
Kotak Mutual Fund SIP
The customer can plan their investments in a systematic way through SIP by investing periodically in various mutual fund schemes. This further helps the customers to make smart investments in Mutual Funds.
How to start SIP with Kotak Mutual Fund?
Steps to start a SIP with Kotak Mutual Fund are:
1. Login to your Kotak Securities Account.
2. Select “Place Order”.
3. Now, Select Mutual Fund as an option.
4. Click on SIP.
5. Enter the scheme related details.
6. Click on “Place Order”.
7. Move further by entering in the SIP amount, frequency and other personal information.
8. Accept the terms and conditions and then save the order number that displayed and click on “OK”.
Benefits of making investment in Kotak Mutual Fund SIP
1. It has a very organised and disciplined way of making investments.
2. It is a single registration process to make investments through SIP.
3. It serves benefit from the rupee cost averaging.
4. It can start with a small amount and can get compounding benefits over the longer tenure.
5. A minimal amount with which the SIP can start is ₹500.
Pros of Kotak Mutual Fund
1. It allows investments in both the direct and regular mutual funds.
2. It allows the tracking of MF investments and receive monthly updates.
3. It does not charge any transaction charge or brokerage fee for mutual funds.
4. It also provides SMS updates on each transaction.
5. It facilitates its customers with Call and Trade investment opportunity.
6. It allows Mutual Funds across all the other segments.
Cons of Mutual Fund
1. It can easily charge commission on regular mutual funds.
2. It does not avail its customers with an application and the desktop-based mutual fund platform.
Kotak Securities is among the great choice for mutual fund investments. It facilitates its customers with an in-house and mutual fund schemes from various other mutual fund houses. While an individual invests in regular mutual funds, an individual can pay commission for investing in the regular mutual fund schemes. Making investments in Kotak Mutual Fund Direct Schemes is free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Kotak Securities offer online IPO applications to its customers. IPO offers an early opportunity to buy shares of companies that are not previously traded publicly.
Each scheme has a minimum transaction amount. The amount differs from scheme to scheme. The minimum amount is mentioned for each scheme in the scheme information document.
Kotak Securities charge 0.049% (on both side) for equity, currency and commodity futures trading.
Yes, modifications can be done on the online portal and the final amount payable will be blocked by the bank subsequently.
Kotak Securities is a Full-Service Broker and thus the brokerage charged by them is higher than the discount brokers.
Yes, Kotak securities allows to place three orders at different rates.
Kotak Securities charge 0.49% for equity delivery trade. These trades are known as cash and carry trades or CNC.
The customer can apply in an IPO at any time between the IPO open and close date. The online IPO application can be filled and submitted at any time of the day.
A customer can apply up to five application allowed to the Kotak Mahindra Bank Account.
The amount blocked in your bank account supporting the ASBA application cannot be withdrawn till the time of allotment.
There is no charge for opening the demat account with Kotak Securities broker. In fact, there is no amount charged for opening any of the three accounts i.e. Demat, Trading and Bank account.
As per the new process if an individual sells their holdings then they must be sold in the following sequence. First stock you hold as BNST will be sold. Second stocks you hold in the demat account and third stocks you own under Margin finance will be sold.
No, Kotak securities website allows IPO application only to the Trinity account holders.
Yes, the customers can check the Kotak Mutual Fund status online. To check the status of your Mutual Fund investments are: 1. Login to Kotak Securities Account. 2. Click on reports. 3. Visit the mutual fund section. 4. Select Check order status.
Kotak Securities is a Limited firm and is a member of BSE, NSE, MSE, MCX, NCDEX. It is also registered as a depository participant with NSDL and CDSL.
Realized profit is the profit that comes from a completed trade. It means that the trade that has been exited. The realized profit is usually already deposited into the trader’s trading account and can simply be withdrawn from their trading account to bank account.
It charges 0.049% for Intra-day trades. These orders are known as Margin Intraday square-up or the MIS orders. All the open Intraday orders are auto squared-off at the end of each day. Extra leverage can be offered for these trades.
A ledger balance is computed by the bank at the end of each business day. It includes all the withdrawals and deposits to calculate the total amount of money in a bank account. The ledger balance is the opening balance in the bank account next morning and remains all day.
The Kotak Securities mobile application supports iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Java Operating Systems.
No, Kotak securities does not provide margin funding.