Kotak Securities Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
Kotak Securities Kite Pro X
The Kotak Securities Limited was a subsidiary of Mahindra Bank that was founded in the year 1994. They provide various stock broking service and distributes various financial products in India. The company is famous for its out of the box ideas over the past years. In other words, they are well-known and well-respected full-service brokerage firm. The company is listed in BSE and NSE is also a depository participant with NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and CDSL (Central Depository Services Limited).
Kotak Securities is a brokerage firm that offers its services across all the financial trading asset classes. It was initially incorporated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It serves the traders and investors from all nation. The company has earned over 13 lakh active accounts in the present that are managed by the giant and great network of more than 1200 branches that are spread across 177 cities in India.
It was the first stock broker in India that introduced various mobile stock trading app that will easily keep the record and track all the investments of an individual on the go. The firm also introduced the concept of SMS alerts right before the execution of depository transaction.
KEAT PRO X- Online Stock Trading Software
KEAT Pro X software is used by more than 13 lakh customers and more than 5 lakh trades are conducted by using this software. It facilitates its customers by allowing trading in equities, derivatives, currency derivatives etc. NSE and BSE.
Highlights of the software
1. The software is provided for free to all the Kotak Securities customer.
2. It is a single platform that provides access to BSE, NSE and NSE Currency markets and trade in equities, derivatives, and currencies using a single platform.
3. It is a highly customizable trading tool designed to suit the trading needs of an individual.
4. It creates multiple watchlists with any combination of the scrips, sectors and indices.
5. It provides a trader the complete control over an individual portfolio.
Features of Kotak KEAT PRO X
1. It provides updated information of the accounts.
2. It helps in getting the top recommendation of stocks to make investments.
3. It has a live update of the market that helps the customers in the best way.
4. It provides watchlists that can pin particular stocks. By pining those stocks, one easily gets through them and keep an eye on the stock movements. Each watchlist has a capacity of holding 100 scrips.
5. It provides various charting tools for analysing the market and for future predictions.
6. This software runs quite fast, and the updates are instantaneous.
Setting Up Kotak KEAT Pro X
Follow the steps to set up Kotak KEAT Pro X are:
1. Log in to the trading account from the Kotak Securities website.
2. Select “KEAT PRO X” from the trading tools section. Click on it and then select download.
3. Download and install it in your system.
4. Use your Trading account login credentials to open this software after installing it.
NOTE: This software is compatible with both the MAC and Windows devices but MAC requires higher JDK 1.5 and 512 RAM and single processor CPU and higher for windows.
Advantages of KEAT Pro X software
1. This trading terminal is provided for free to its customers.
2. It is a singe platform that provides access to BSE or NSE and also allows trading in currency, derivative or the equity market.
3. It provides the liberty to create your own watchlist and customize it according to one’s needs.
4. It is an excellent software that helps in monitoring loss and profit.
Disadvantages of KEAT Pro X software
1. This software does not support trading in commodities. However, to trade in commodities there is another terminal called “KC Trader X”.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Kotak Securities offer online IPO applications to its customers. IPO offers an early opportunity to buy shares of companies that are not previously traded publicly.
Each scheme has a minimum transaction amount. The amount differs from scheme to scheme. The minimum amount is mentioned for each scheme in the scheme information document.
Kotak Securities charge 0.049% (on both side) for equity, currency and commodity futures trading.
Yes, modifications can be done on the online portal and the final amount payable will be blocked by the bank subsequently.
Kotak Securities is a Full-Service Broker and thus the brokerage charged by them is higher than the discount brokers.
Yes, Kotak securities allows to place three orders at different rates.
Kotak Securities charge 0.49% for equity delivery trade. These trades are known as cash and carry trades or CNC.
The customer can apply in an IPO at any time between the IPO open and close date. The online IPO application can be filled and submitted at any time of the day.
A customer can apply up to five application allowed to the Kotak Mahindra Bank Account.
The amount blocked in your bank account supporting the ASBA application cannot be withdrawn till the time of allotment.
There is no charge for opening the demat account with Kotak Securities broker. In fact, there is no amount charged for opening any of the three accounts i.e. Demat, Trading and Bank account.
As per the new process if an individual sells their holdings then they must be sold in the following sequence. First stock you hold as BNST will be sold. Second stocks you hold in the demat account and third stocks you own under Margin finance will be sold.
No, Kotak securities website allows IPO application only to the Trinity account holders.
Yes, the customers can check the Kotak Mutual Fund status online. To check the status of your Mutual Fund investments are: 1. Login to Kotak Securities Account. 2. Click on reports. 3. Visit the mutual fund section. 4. Select Check order status.
Kotak Securities is a Limited firm and is a member of BSE, NSE, MSE, MCX, NCDEX. It is also registered as a depository participant with NSDL and CDSL.
Realized profit is the profit that comes from a completed trade. It means that the trade that has been exited. The realized profit is usually already deposited into the trader’s trading account and can simply be withdrawn from their trading account to bank account.
It charges 0.049% for Intra-day trades. These orders are known as Margin Intraday square-up or the MIS orders. All the open Intraday orders are auto squared-off at the end of each day. Extra leverage can be offered for these trades.
A ledger balance is computed by the bank at the end of each business day. It includes all the withdrawals and deposits to calculate the total amount of money in a bank account. The ledger balance is the opening balance in the bank account next morning and remains all day.
The Kotak Securities mobile application supports iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Java Operating Systems.
No, Kotak securities does not provide margin funding.