HDFC Securities is the most renowned financial service-providing company which is a subsidiary of the private bank HDFC. It provides both online trading and the trading on the go i.e. mobile or tab. It facilitates its customers with a unique three-in-one feature that integrates your HDFC securities trading account with the existing HDFC bank savings account and the existing Demat account. This account helps in the smooth movement of funds or shares from the Demat or bank account to execute the transactions. HDFC provides various services to both Indian residents and NRIs. All HDFC Securities NRI account details are given below.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Charges
HDFC NRI account opening charges for trading account (One Time)
HDFC NRI demat account AMC charges (Yearly)
₹0 – First year
₹750 – From second year onwards
PIS Approval Issuance Fee (One time)
HDFC NRI PIS account charges AMC (Yearly)
AMC stands for annual maintenance charge and is one of the parts of HDFC securities NRI charges. It is the HDFC securities NRI account keeping fee applicable on Demat and PIS account as mentioned above.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Brokerage Charges
HDFC securities NRI account brokerage plan as per HDFC securities NRI account plan/ HDFC bank demat account charges for NRI brokerage is given below:
0.75% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value
0.025% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% of transaction value
0.05% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% of transaction value
Higher of 1% of the premium amount or ₹100 per lot
HDFC Securities NRI Account Explained
HDFC securities NRI account meaning the anyone who is an NRI (Non- resident individual) or PIO (Person of Indian origin) can open a trading and demat account as it is one of the HDFC securities NRI account eligibility to trade or invest in Indian market with HDFC securities NRI account in India. HDFC securities NRI account works well and HDFC securities NRI account growth rate is also good. HDFC securities NRI account mutual fund facility is also offered by them.
HDFC facilitates its customers with the HDFC 3 in 1 NRI account facility that offers the fluent trading experience to the NRIs to make investments through HDFC. HDFC NRI 3 in 1 account provides an HDFC securities NRI account joint account consists of an NRI Trading, Demat and bank account are linked to each other for the smooth and fast online transactions.
1. NRI Bank Account- This account comes in two forms i.e., NRE and NRO account. This account holds money.
2. NRI Demat Account- It is an online account that holds securities or HDFC NRI securities in an electronic form. In India, to make investments in the Indian Stock Market one needs to hold a demat account.
3. NRI Trading Account- It provides the access to the BSE and NSE to trade across the stocks, equity derivatives and ETFs.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Benefits
HDFC securities NRI account usage is in various segments. HDFC securities account for NRI offers several HDFC securities NRI account services such as:
2. Equity F&O.
3. Mutual Funds.
6. Bonds and NCDs.
HDFC Securities Demat Account for NRI
HDFC securities NRI Demat Accounts offers two HDFC securities NRI account types given below:
1. HDFC Securities NRE Account – NRE stands for Non-Resident External and it is a Repatriable Demat Account
2. HDFC Securities NRO Account - NRO stands for Non-Resident Ordinary and it is a Non-Repatriable Demat Account.
Demat HDFC Securities NRI Account Key Features
• The full-service broker charges zero demat account opening charge.
• There is no risk of loss to the traded securities.
• NRI HDFC demat account does not charge first year AMC. The other preferential charges are charged from second year.
• It provides the facility of dematerialization and Rematerialisation of the Securities and Redemption of mutual funds.
• It provides a digital HDFC securities NRI account personal loan facility against the shares or mutual funds.
• NRI demat account HDFC provides an online investment facility in the stocks, IPOs, Bonds and NCDs.
• It helps you in checking the holding and transaction details online.
• It allows the auto-credit of the dividends, stock split and etc. in your linked bank account.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Documents
Documents Required to open HDFC NRI Account is given below. Two sets of the below documents are required to open HDFC securities NRI account.
1. Passport size Photographs
2. PAN Card
3. Valid passport
4. Valid Visa
5. Valid OCI Card/PIO Card
6. Overseas address proof
7. Income proof – Required to trade in derivative segment.
As per HDFC securities NRI account requirements criteria, the above sets of documents must be attested by any of the authority given below:
• Notary public
• Any court of law
• Local banker
• Indian embassy or Consulate general of the country.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Opening Procedure
HDFC securities NRI account process is easy. An NRI can open their NRI account by visiting the nearest HDFC bank branch if the customer is in India. In case the customer is in overseas then they are required to fill the HDFC securities NRI account registration form available on HDFC securities NRI account portal on the HDFC Securities official website and a HDFC will get you to move through the process.
Follow the below HDFC securities NRI account opening process to open NRI account:
1. Download the NRE/NRO Savings Bank Account form and NRE/NRO PIS Bank Account form from the official website and take its printout. It also offers HDFC 4 in 1 account investment account.
2. Download the HDFC securities NRI account application form and take its printout.
3. Fill the forms and put on the signatures on the same. If an individual is willing to open a HDFC securities NRI account joint account then all the account holders must sign on it.
4. Send all the above filled application forms along with the self-attested required documents to the address provided in the form.
Once the documents are received by them and after HDFC securities NRI account verification and after HDFC securities NRI account validation; HDFC securities NRI account activation will take between 5-7 days. HDFC securities NRI account login credentials or NRI HDFC bank login credentials including HDFC securities NRI account number and HDFC securities NRI account name etc. will be sent you. Now you can do HDFC securities NRI account access after HDFC securities NRI account sign up and can make HDFC securities NRI account set up.
Various other NRI account related forms such as HDFC securities NRI account address change form, HDFC securities NRI account transfer form application, HDFC securities NRI account power of attorney form, HDFC securities NRI account update form and HDFC securities NRI account withdrawal form is also available on its official website.
HDFC Securities NRI Account Rules
• As per HDFC securities NRI account guidelines NRIs can trade in derivatives (Futures & Options) segment through NRO account only.
• The customers can open their both HDFC NRI NRO account and NRE account with the HDFC Bank. Remember that you can only handle any one account i.e., either NRE or NRO account with their HDFC NRI Trading Account.
• HDFC sec NRIs are not allowed to trade only in the equity Futures & Options.
• HDFC securities NRI account trading is not allowed in the segments such as Intraday, Currency and the Commodities.
Advantages of NRI Trading Account
1. HDFC securities NRI account views are famous as it is a subsidiary of renowned HDFC Bank.
2. It has a research team that offers trading and investment recommendations.
3. It facilitates its customers with the loan facility against the securities held in the NRI Demat Account.
4. HDFC securities NRI account information centre provides assistance through the Relationship Managers.
5. HDFC NRI share trading account offers the placing of AMO and GTC order facility.
Disadvantages of NRI Trading Account
1. The brokerage charges are high as compared to the other discount brokers.
2. It does not offer online trading platforms to the account HDFC securities NRI account holder of HDFC securities NRI USA and Canada Based customers.
For any HDFC securities NRI account query or HDFC securities NRI account questions and support, customers can contact on HDFC securities NRI customer care via HDFC securities NRI account phone number and HDFC securities NRI account email address. Customers can also check their HDFC securities NRI account application status/ HDFC securities NRI account status or for HDFC securities NRI account ID and HDFC securities NRI account password reset help by contacting on HDFC securities NRI account help desk/ HDFC securities NRI account help number.
Brokerage is a commission charged by HDFC securities or any of the stock broker whenever you place a buy or sell order. It offers various brokerage plans and HDFC securities margin brokerage to choose from which you can check above.
• NRE/NRO Regular Savings Account with any branch in India.
• NRE/NRO PIS Savings Account with the designated branch.
• NRE/NRO PIS Permission through HDFC Bank.
• NRE/NRO Demat Account with HDFC Bank.
• NRI Trading Account with HSL.
Only the users with HDFC securities demat account zero balance holdings can opt for online HDFC securities demat account closing process. Just write an email to email@example.com form the registered email ID containing all required information related to your HDFC securities demat account and demat account closing reason for HDFC securities demat account closure online.
The application is processed at CPU and then it is forwarded to the HDFC Bank for the linking or opening of the bank and depository accounts. Once the savings and DP accounts are opened, the securities trading account is opened and then the details of all the accounts and the TIN, passwords, etc. are sent to you. If the application remains un processed because of any missing details then the customers will be contacted by the representative.
A cut off price is the offer price that is finalised by a company in consultation with the book running lead managers (BRLMs), that could be any price within the price band. It is different from a floor price that is the minimal price at which the bids can be made.
HDFC Bank Demat Account is the easiest, safest and the most convenient way of storing the investments. Now, open the demat account without any charges and then combine a trading account and a savings account to seamlessly bank and invest.
The “Limit Price” shall mean that the price limit must be specified by the client to the HDFC Securities up to which the price the stop loss limit order for the cover order can get executed. The “margin” shall mean that the total amount must be made available by the client to HDFC Securities for taking a Cover Order Position under this facility.
HDFC securities ltd brokerage charges depend upon the brokerage plan chosen by you. Always consider your trading frequency, trading quantity, HDFC securities brokerage holdings and type of services or you want to avail before choosing HDFC securities brokerage plans. Some of its brokerage plans also offers HDFC securities free brokerage on ETFs.
The PIS account are always opened as per the holding pattern of the demat account. Thus, if the demat account exists in the combination of A+B+C, then the PIS permission too would be in combination of A+B+C. However, the Bank account can be solely in the name of A.
HDFC securities demat account holds the shares in electronic form and it is mandatory to have a demat account along with trading account as per the government guidelines to trade or invest in Indian stock market.
Login with HDFC Securities trading website and then click on IPO button on the top navigation bar to see the list of current IPOs/FDs. Click on apply of the IPO that you would like to apply for. On Place order page choose the select investor status (i.e. ASBA Retail), enter the order information and then click on proceed.